Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Yep another Dr. apt.

I have gone to the clinic six days in a row now and I am excited to have a break. It looks like they are going to do the egg retrieval on Thurs. Which means I get tomorrow off. YIPPEE!!!! I was a little disappointed when I went in this morning and had my ultrasound. My uterine lining was still a little thin. They like it to be at least 6.5 and mine was 6.4. The Dr. seemed surprised and a little concerned so it upset me. I held it together until I left and then cried the whole way home. My friend Lynette who has also adopted two boys is doing IVF the week after us at the same clinic. (not planned just a coincidence) Any way she was in the waiting room when I walked out and we just gave each other a big hug and cried. It is so nice to have her to talk to and work things out. Unless you have gone through it it is hard to really comprehend how difficult it is emotionally. All we want is a family. We have devoted so much of our lives to bringing children into our home. Even though it has not been easy the Lord has blessed us to be in the right place at the right time. I feel that this is the right time for us to be doing IVF. I still feel peace and know that we have done our part and the rest is up to the Lord. Like Jon said in the blessing he gave me Miracles happen every day. Just so you know the uterine lining is what the egg adheres to so it is very important that it is nice and thick. I will probably just have to take it really easy after the embryo transfer and stay on bed rest for a couple of days. This whole experience has defiantly tested my faith. I just need to rely on the confirmation we had that this is the right thing. So I guess pray for my uterine lining that the darn thing can thicken up. And wish me luck!


I also just want to take a minute and tell my grandma how much I love her. She went out of her way to call tonight to wish us luck and let us know that we are in her prayers. I love my Grandma so much and hope that I can be just like her. She is so loving and is always taking care of everyone else. I have the sweetest memories of playing cards, singing songs, feeding the gold fish and catching grass hoppers with her. She has always been such a great example to me and has taught me the importance of being domestic and finding joy in it. She loves to bake and make things for other people and always has a cookie for the kids. My boys love her! She is such a wonderful person and I feel so blessed to have her as my Grandma. Thanks for all you do Grandma and for thinking of us. Your phone call meant so much to me. I love you!

3 comments:

Vanessa said...

Kim- We just wanted to let you know you and your sweet little family are all in our prayers. My Sister is true testement that anything can happen when it comes to IVF. You are a wonderful person and mother and I admire you and the strength that you have. Good luck, and yes we will pray for your uterine lining!!! We miss you guys, hopefully we will see you when we are in the neighborhood next week. Vanessa

Our Family said...

Kim - Thank you for all of your support! I have been so grateful that you are going through this at the same time and we can talk about what is "normal." Our thoughts and prayers are with you tomorrow! Lynette

TIDWELLS said...

I love grandama so much.....