Monday, May 19, 2008

Another Dr. Apt.

Well we went to the Dr. again this morning and it looks like we will be doing the egg retrieval on Thurs. WOW I can not believe it is really here. The folicles are good size but he wants me to go one more day to see if my hormone levels will rise a little more. So tomarrow night I will do what they call the TRIGGER shot. It is HCG which is the pregnancy hormone. This will finalize the egg growth. EXACTLY 35 hrs. after that shot is when they will retrieve the eggs. This is kind of a painful process so they will put me completely under.....which I am grateful for! They will also collect a sample from Jon that day....fun for him! (poor guy) After the eggs are out they put them in a solution that imitates the solution they were in and put them in a dark warm place so they can adapt to there new enviorment. After a few hours they will fertilize them. We are doing what they call ICSI where they actually inject the sperm into the egg to ensure fertilization. It is all so amazing to me. Then they will let the eggs harvest in a dish until they become an embryo and are ready to be implanted into my uterus. This takes aprx. 3-5 days. So the egg is fertilized all it has to do is implant. Not too hard you would think but it can be a tricky thing. We feel very optimistic and have faith that it will work.
Jon, my dad, brother and brother-in-laws all gave me a blessing last night and it was such a neat experience. I wanted a blessing that my body could work properly and that it would accept the embryo. It brought me such peace and reassurance that we are doing the right thing. It also let me know that Heavenly Father is aware of me and my situation. The spirit was so strong! I am so grateful for the priesthood and for the wonderful men in my life who are worthy and willing to give me a blessing. I love them all so much. We also had a family fast yesterday. I just want our families to know how much it meant to us that they would fast in our behalf. I don't know how we would get through this with out them. It makes me want to cry just thinking about all the love and support we have been given from our family and friends. All of you have made this bearable. Now we are here can you believe it. Jon and I were talking and I have been doing my shots now for 25 days. It is hard to believe we have made it this far. I am a stronger person than I thought I was and even though it has been so hard at the same time it has not been as hard as I thought. The Lord has defiantly blessed us with the help we have needed. After tomorrow night no more shots in my belly. I can't tell you how happy that makes me! Well I will let you know how the egg retrieval goes. Pray I have some good eggs!

6 comments:

Amy and Kody said...

You are such a strong person. I totally admire your courage and faith through this process. Good Luck Sweetie!!

Anonymous said...

Yea:) We will praying for you. You are so awesome. We love you!!

Jana Banana said...

This is all so amazing- I am so happy you are able to do this, and we are keeping you guys in our prayers. We LOVE you!

laurie coleman photography said...

Yea! I'm so glad that your egg retrieval day is almost here and that you're almost done with all your shots! You guys are amazing and I'm praying for everything to work out wonderfully!

Katie said...

Kim, I found your blog through Jana's and just wanted to say that we are praying for you guys!

TIDWELLS said...

love you sis... I cant waite until you can just relax and enjoy. We are here for you call me anytime to watch the kids I love haveing them over. Kelly bring Austin up to so he can play. Love you tons