Wednesday, June 11, 2008

ARE WE LOVED OR WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Flowers and goodies from all of our neighbors and friends. We love you all so much!

Just received these flowers from my BFF Jayme and her mom Ellen. Thank you so much I love you both!

Can I just say Jon and I feel like the most loved people on earth right now! A guy came to the door yesterday with a bouquet of flowers from my aunt and all my cousins. I had already been crying and when I answered the door I just started to cry even harder. The poor kid didn't know what to say but told me to have a good day. I thought there it not one good thing about today! But look at all this good from all of our friends and family. I can't believe how many comments, e-mails, and phone calls we have received. It has been overwhelming to feel the love and concern you all have for us. I think some times we hesitate to be open about things we might be going through. It is hard to show weakness but I am so glad that I decided to let you all into our lives and see us how we really are. Life is full of trials for all of us and if we could just realize how much we can do for one another if we will just open up. I really and truly can not tell you how much it has helped to have your love and prayers. If I hadn't opened up I would be sitting here in my misery wondering........doesn't any one care? But instead I feel this outpouring of love and sympathy from so many people. Even some old high school friends who found my blog. 11 years ago all I could think about is graduating and moving on with life. Never did I imagine I would face such difficult trials. But you grow up and realize that life is more than just about you and you make sacrifices. Jon and I will do what it takes to bring another baby into our family. We don't know what this all means for us yet but we will figure out the reason for our failed IVF. We are just going to take some time away from baby and focus on the two miracles we already have.

I thought the tears would stop but some how they just keep on flowing. I had high hopes I would get up and put some make-up on but its raining and I can't stop crying so what the point. We will move on but for right now I think I need a little time to like my friend Missy said "let my heart ache". Jon and I are so sad but feel the love of our Savior and realize all of his suffering. This life was not meant to be easy. I want to share a quote that my cousin Summer put on her blog after loosing a twin at 8 weeks Preg.

“Things don't go wrong and break your heart so you can become bitter and give up. They happen to break you down and build you up so you can be all that you were intended to be.”


I read this over and over because it hits home with me. I know that we will be stronger because of this. Last night Jon and I were looking at the picture of our embryos and talking about how much hope we had that they would take. I mentioned how sad it was that they never took and he said "yes but they made us stronger"! I will hold on to that knowledge for the rest of my life. And take with me what they have given me..... a new understanding of how much my Heavenly Father Loves me.

Thanks again for all your love, we couldn't get through this with out all of you!!!! This will be my last post about our IVF. We have come so far from our first post. I want to start moving on and blog about my sweet family. Enough about me I want to focus on others for a while! My boys are so much fun right now and are doing lots of great things. So no more sad and depressing posts I promise. Love You all so much!

10 comments:

The Garn Family said...

Kim,
I prayed all night to know what to say after reading your blog yesterday. My heart aches for you and Jon...I truly did want to see you have to suffer one more time. You are such a courageous woman, and I do believe with all my heart that the Lord has another baby in store for your family.
You do have an impressive support system, it amazes me to see all of the comments that you get on every posting, but then again it shouldn't amaze me, you are such a sweet, wonderful person and I know so many people look up to and your examples. I know I do.
Take care of yourself and call me if you need anything. Love you guys!

The Garn Family said...

Sorry...should have read through my posting a little better BEFORE I published it. I meant to say I did NOT want to see you suffer one more time....

Jon & Kim said...

No worries Jayme I knew what you meant! Thanks for all your love and for being such a good friend all these years!

Josh said...

You have always been an incredible example to our family. We always talk about wanting to be around people who make us strive to become a better person and we get that desire every time we are with your family. Thank you so much for the inspiration you give to all of us. We love your family and are grateful for our friendship.

Vanessa said...

Kim-
We were so sorry to here your news yesterday. I am continually amazed at the strength and faith that you have. Thank you so much for being open and sharing this, you have no idea how it has helped me and probably many others. Though our trials are different, you have helped me regain my strength and faith and remember that our Heavenly Father loves each and everyone of us and he is always there we just have to remember to let him in! Thank you for being such a wonderful example. I miss our visits while getting my hair done, I really enjoyed the time we were able to spend together. Take care and remember to let yourself cry, it always helps me! Keep in touch when you feel up to it, we would love to hear from you guys. Love Vanessa

Unknown said...

Good to talk with you today. You two are awesome. Just wanted you to know that I love your new blog look! A new blog look to help uplift you and us! See you later!

lindsi said...

Kim and Jon - this is Lindsi (Layton) Snow. You probably didn't even know that I was checking in on your blog every now and again...so I hope it's okay if I am. I found your link through Jana's a few weeks ago and found myself checking your blog for new posts just hoping to hear good news with all you have been going through. Anyway, just wanted to let you know that you have been in my prayers and will continue to be in my prayers. We love you guys and are so sorry to hear the disappointing news. Your faith is just incredible and your testimony is so sweet. Lean on your Father in Heaven and He will bring you peace and comfort....He loves you more than you will ever know!

Anonymous said...

The new blog is way cute! We love you!

Brittany said...

Hey Kim,

I have been following your blog and talking with Jana through out this process and my heart just brok when I found out....you are one of the sweetest people I have met, and I wanted this to work so badly for you, but I have been even more impressed by your testimony and strength in how you are handling this...I feel so encouraged by you to have the strength to deal with my trials. All of us ARE here for a reason, and your two beautiful boys probably remind you about that every day! I know it will happen for you some day, I have a good feeling about that! Even if it isn't in this lifetime...Thanks again for sharing your journey!

Brittany
PS I love the new blog Jana did!! Isn't she great!?!

Keri said...

Hey Kim,
Your gratitude for what you have is amazing! Thanks for sharing your IVF story with us... I have a few friends thinking about IVF that have snuck over to your blog to read about it and it has been a tremendous help to them and us! Keep smiling... your strength is contagious!