Thursday, July 31, 2008

HOME FOR SALE!!!

Well it is official our house is FOR SALE! Jon and I have made yet another HUGE decision and have put our home up for sale. Two years ago we built the home of our dreams. It isn't the biggest or the best out there but it is defiantly a nice home. We customized it to us and our needs and we absolutely love it.

So here is the reason why.......

Since our failed IVF we have felt so hopeless in our attempt to add another child to our family. We have looked at all of our options the few we do have and even if one felt right we have no money to pursue it. Over the past 7 years we have spent about $35,000.00 on trying to have a family. That is a lot of stinkin money. Not that you could even put a price on Cade and Jake . We would have spent what ever was needed to get our boys here. But our dilemma now is not wanting to go into dept any more than what it absolutely necessary. Jon and I have been so blessed to have been able to afford to adopt, do IVF and still have a beautiful home, trailer, descent cars etc. So now we are looking at another $13,000.00 to adopt and that's if we go through LDS and at least $20,000.00 for IVF. Again that is a lot of money and we have spent all we have in our savings and fear it will take us for ever to save enough for another child. And for us time is not a luxury.

So we are choosing a family over our beautiful home that we love so much. So really the decision was easy but not without sadness and tears. It doesn't seem fair to have to spend so much money on trying to have a family.......BUT it is worth every penny and then some. We also feel that it is a good time to down size since our family is still small and wont be growing any time soon.

To be honest for the first time since our IVF failed I feel HOPE again!!!!!! I feel that even though the decision to sell has been hard that we have some direction in what we should be doing right now. In the long run it will help us get into a better financial situation and ultimately give us the money we need to pursue our options for another child. I was at my grandmas house today and the kids wanted water with ice.....well she had to go to the freezer, get out the little ice trays and break out the ice instead of just pushing a button. It just made me think of how spoiled we are these days. We have way more now than my parents or grandparents ever imagined at our age. I never even had AC or swamp cooler until I was 18. We never went on fancy trips or lived in a huge home. But we had all we ever needed and we appreciated the things we had. I think we forget sometimes how blessed and lucky we are to have what we have. After all it is just a house and I would give it up in two seconds to have more children. I can take them with me, to the eternities!!!!! So if you know of anyone who is looking for a beautiful home send them our way!! Don't feel sad for us, like I said I feel hopeful of the future and what the Lord has in store for us!!! I feel more peace now than I have in a long time.

P.S. Don't forget to leave me your e-mail so I can invite you to view my blog....since I am going PRIVATE!

20 comments:

Keri said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bellblogging said...

Wow Kim you are amazing! Reading your post brought tears to my eyes! I truly admire you and wish you guys the best of luck! I do think we are so spoiled these days and hardly think twice until our AC goes out or we have a problem with our cars, ect. You guys deserve the best!! And you can come live with us...wouldn't that be a blast??

Shannon said...

oh kim my heart breaks for you. isn't it crazy what we have to go through that so many people don't even have to think about? but it's so worth it.

i admire you guys so much for having your priorities straight. this has been our fourth house and we are just as happy in this one as any of our bigger or smaller homes. i know the lord will bless you and you will have another child come to you the way it is supposed to come.

the upside is there is a lot right next door from me!! wouldn't that be the perfect place for your new home? if not please tell me you want to stay nearby!?!

by the way we would love to go to playgroup, give me a call! good luck with everything!

laurie coleman photography said...

I just think you guys are amazing! There aren't too many people out there who would sacrifice like you guys to keep up with eternal priorities. You're just so great!

JANEAL said...

I think it's great that you guys are willing to sell your house. I agree that it doesn't seem fair to have to spend so much money on trying to have a family. I would trade all my belongings for another child. Best of luck to you in selling your home.

Steph said...

Kim, that was probably such a tough decision...but a good one! Your house is beautiful but you are right when you say you can't take it to the eternities! Good luck with it all! Steph
PS my email is johnssl79@hotmail.com...make sure to put me on your list!

Sherydon said...

Kim, your house is gorgeous!! What a tuff decision. I loathe moving but if you need help i would love to!!
You truly are a wonderful example. Giving up your worldy posession for eternal dividends.
Nick and i haven't spent as much (yet) but i hope you know that your in our prayers and wish you the best of luck. One of these days before it snows we should get the S.O.S group together for dinner of something. I would love to meet all of you wonderful women!!

Dan and Stacy said...

Dan told me last Sunday that you were going to be putting your home up for sale, and I was sooooo sad. I know that you are doing the right thing for your family and I hope that everything works out for you and that your home sales fast (I will still be sad when you move)

Dan and Stacy said...

Sorry but you can't move!!!! I am your home teacher and I forbid it!!!!

You will be blessed for this sacrifice. You guys are the best and will be missed. Let's try and keep you close by.

Dan

Janel said...

Wow, the things it takes to have a family...you guys are so sweet, I know how it feels to want to add to your family and feel a little hopeless sometimes. I admire your sacrifices and hope everything will happen quickly for you. keep me in the loop: azure1973@yahoo.com

Heather said...

Hi kim,
This is Heather Layland from high school, I found your blog from stephanie smith I hope it is okay? I am sure that was a hard decision, but you are right, kids are worth more than a beautiful home, I love your home where do you live? Your boys are adorable... I can't believe everything you went through to get them, I know you were meant to have these wonderful boys. You know what's funny is I was reading about your tattoo, well I remember when you got one I was working at sports form and you came in and showed me while you were there, but get this I got one to flowers in a v on my tail bone, I regret it too, it was right before my mission I don't even know why I got it hee hee.. I tell my boys daddy wrote on my with a permament maker so kaden tries to scrub it off I wonder the same thing " what will I tell my kids" :) anyways I would love to here from you here is my blog www.mertzklan.blogspot.com and here is my email heather.mertz@comcast.net take care and good luck with everything,,,,

lisa g said...

Wow!!! Good luck. But your right a house isn't everything. Many people ask me how I could stay in my little house for so long and most of the time I would like to be in something bigger and better but its just not right for us right now to move. But you have taught me so much and I have gained a lot of strength from you. Thank you for expressing your trials and faith because it has truly blessed my life.

Jaime said...

You guys are truly amazing! I have heard many stories from family, friends about what they have gone through to try and have a family. I am blessed to see how gratful you are for everything you have, and what you are willing to do. It helps me to puts things back in order! It makes me so sad to hear what you have to go through to try and have children, and then hear I am saying I am DONE with my family and I really need to be so grateful for being able to have children and not complain about how sick I get or how miserable preg. is to me, because I know so many would be so happy to be sick if that meant they were preg. I wish you the very best, you really are making such a unselfess sacrifice for your family. AMAZING!
By the way where do you live? We are actually looking! It is a beautiful home!

Ondriawfd said...

You don't know me but I found your blog through someone else's when you were doing IVF. We took a while to have kids too but once we got it our family exploded. I've been checking your blog from time to time and would like to be added to your list if you don't mind, although I understand if you don't want people you don't know looking at your blog. ;) I think it's awesome what you guys are doing to have a family. You can check out our blog too. My email is ondriadionys at yahoo dot com and our blog is cesarfamily.blogspot.com. Thanks and good luck with selling your home. :)

Ondriawfd said...

Hi, me again! I just got your comment and to be honest I don't remember whose blog I was on when I stumbled on to yours. We lived in Layton, UT when I was younger and I was looking around for people that I might know from Utah. So somewhere there is someone that we both know, I just don't remember who. I'll think about it and see if I remember. :)

gabeandstef said...

Kim I am sad to hear you put your home up for sale. I know how much you love it. And i hear ya it sucks to have to dish out so much money just to have a family. But because you our willing to give up your beautiful home the lord will bless you . I talked to jon yesterday and he said you guys wanted to stay in the ward so I hope you do but if not just know i will miss you guys.

lindsi said...

Good luck in selling the house...I really admire you guys and your decisions to keep your family your first priority. Wow! I would love to keep checking in on you guys....lindsisnow@hotmail.com

Brooke said...

I'm so sad you have to sell your house but am VERY glad you are doing it so you can stay OK financially. You know I'm speaking from experience when I say that you would do MUCH more damage having debt than having a good house. The sacrifice will be VERY worth it.

It's That Simple said...

Kim,
What a difficult decision. I see celebrities doing all this in vitro and adoption stuff and I think they still probably don't know how tough it easy because they have endless bank accounts (oh well, rather have the Gospel and my life)....however, tough...I'm sorry.

Good luck with everything. I want to be added to your private invites if that's ok.....natalieclawrence@gmail.com

Sarah R. said...

You don't know me, but I am helping a friend search (possibly) for a birth family...and you have a courageous story. We googled, LDS, adoption and Utah....to see what we could find. I hope a lot of people are able to look at your great family and possibly choose you as their adoptive family...Best of luck to you!