Wednesday, July 16, 2008

"THE TATTOO"

Well I knew that this might get some attention because I am so not that type! So here is the scoop..... I was 18 in beauty school and felt the urge to do something CRAZY! A tattoo seemed like a good idea. I told no one except for my friend from beauty school. She is the one who took me to get it. About two minutes into it and a lot of pain I had a thought that maybe this was not a good idea. But I couldn't change my mind at that point. What was I to do have half of a flower....that would not be cool. I did regret it shortly after I realized wow this is here for the rest of my life. Then I thought it was cool and I loved it. Now I wonder why I didn't do something less permanent. It is of a Daisy on the small of my back. It is actually kinda cute!(for an 18 year old) Now I am a mom and it is not so cute. Cade and Jake have both discovered it and think that it is a sticker. They try to peel it off all the time and will soon realize it is not a "STICKER"! But for now that's my story and I'm sticking to it. At least till there old enough to really want to know. Then I don't know what I will tell them???? I pray they never want one!!!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's funny Kim. Today Sydnee asked when are you going to get that Tattoo off your back? I said well it might be stuck their! Kinda a funny conversation with a four year old. Well at least we have good taste Kim they look alot alike:) (the Tattoos). Hope to see you this weekend.

Jaime said...

I love it Kim! I too have one! It's funny that you have to justify it to those that find out. I just say it was a bonding moment for me, I did it with my two sisters. I too thought it was cute and silly at the time. I don't know if I ever regretted it but it is hard to think of what to tell my kids when or if they ever say they want one. Until then I think it is kind of cute and sexy, at least Ryan does too.

Our Lifes Treasures said...

Thats funny! Thats the one crazy thing I never did do. Greg has three, and the kids are alway's asking questions about them.

Jon & Kim said...

Jon kinda likes mine too. It is cute... just so permanent. At least it is in a place that won't sag too much when I get old! Now I have a fun story to tell about the craziest thing I ever did!

Hillary said...

Hi Kim! I don't judge anyone for tattoos. My husband has 2--one from a very bad night when he was 16, and another from a rebellious phase in his 20's. Fortunately, normal clothes hide both of them so most people don't know. Although I tease him about them, in no way to they make him or you any less worthy or good. Enjoy your little reminder of a crazy experience!

The Garn Family said...

I totally remember when you got it! I thought it was so dang cute and was so jealous! I always wanted to get one, I'm just too big of a wimp. I agree that it will be a great story to tell!

Keri said...

Tell them that you were abducted by aliens and unfortunately, cannot recall what transpired throughout the duration of your captivity. It might be a believable cover until they reach, oh, say, 10 or 11. I guess after that, It's truth time!

Jon & Kim said...

Thanks everyone for making me feel better about my rebelous couple of hours. You all make me laugh!

TIDWELLS said...

you should hear what the girls say about mine and riley just calls it my owee how ever you spell that.

Anonymous said...

Wheres the pic??? lol

Nancy said...

Kim, Luke and I made a bet on where your tattoo was.. I totally won! LOL I think that you could have had a Longer and Crazier Rebellious phase so I agree with Hillary, enjoy this little reminder!!

Morris Family said...

My kids try to peel my tattoo off all the time. The other day at John's parents ward I was called out for my tatto. It is a long story but was informed that people with tattoo's are trailer trash. An older lady came up to me afterwards and said that she had one and that we ladies with tattoos must stick together.