Sunday, June 22, 2008

SISTERHOOD OF SUPPORT "SOS"



Since I have been blogging our IVF process I have received so much feed back from tons of people who are going through their own struggles with infertility and adoption. So here is my great idea.....I have created a blog just for us! Or anyone else who feels they want to be a part of it. It is kind of a cheesy name but it is all I could come up with. Jon gave me the SOS idea and I thought it was kind of cute! What I need from you is your email address so I can invite you to be a part of this fabulous idea of mine. We will all be able to create our own posts to share with others. It can be a story, question that you want answered, or just somewhere to vent. Most of all it will be a "sisterhood" somewhere that we can make connections and make life-long friends. I have made some amazing friendships through our infertility process. They are all amazing women with different stories to tell. I love them all so much and don't know what I would do without them. I have posted a picture of some of them...sorry for those who are not in it. We can all do so much to help and uplift one another. For so many years I felt so alone and wondered if there was anyone out there who shared in our same sorrow. Since I have been able to help teach adoption education courses and opened myself up to share our experience I have met so many people in our same situation. My dear friend Addie and I were in the same adoption class and have stayed close friends through the years. We both have two adorable boys, each 6 months apart from each other. What a blessing it has been to have her by my side to be a listening ear and a shoulder to cry on. I cherish all of these women and their friendship. My hope for this blog is that you too can find that same support and friendship. Feel free to post pictures and anything else you would like to help us to know you better. So send me your email and lets make some connections.



11 comments:

Dan and Stacy said...

Kim what a great idea. I love it. You can count me in

Brooke said...

KIM!!!! I'm so glad you found me!!! Thanks so much for writing to me. I just got on to your blog, haven't read much yet, but from what I see you are doing really well. I am, however, so sorry for your recent loss. Thanks so much for sharing. Your two boys are SO beautiful!!

gabeandstef said...

Kim I love this idea count me in. You are such an uplifting person. I think Jon has our email because of Gabe with scouts if not let me know.

Keri said...

Fabulous Idea! Add one more to the team Sister! You have my email, so please send the info! I totally have a question already!

Summerhunt said...

Kim and Jon still thinking of two daily. It sound like things are going great. I just wanted to tell you that I think that is the coolest, cutest idea ever. Love you so much. Summer.

The Birds said...

I would love to join! My name is Heidi bird and I am in Nicole's ward. I love reading your blog and all your insight. I am so sorry for the trial you are now enduring. Like you said, trials make you stronger. I am the person I am because of the two beautiful spirits that have been placed in my home and in my life. I would not change any of it for a second eventhough it was dang hard. Thanks for started this blog for people like us.

The Birds said...

i guess you need my email! LOL heidibird22@yahoo.com! Thanks again! Hey if you want me to customize the blog, I will! Just let me know!

Brooke said...

Kim, what is your e-mail? Mine is peacock @ gmail (dot) com. Can you e-mail me?

Dan and Stacy said...

What a great idea. I think we Jon and I should form a brotherhood blog!!!

Dan

TIDWELLS said...

Hey sis, way cute idea. you are ausome. You amaze me every day. I love you... shanenicole3@msn.com

Hillary said...

Hi. My name is Hillary, and Lisa (McCormack) Gardner is my sister-in-law. She told me about you and your struggles with IVF, so I linked to your blog from hers. My husband and I just started this fertility process, and are about to do our second round of IUI. I would love to be able to read and share on your infertility blog. I think it's so comforting to hear about and know of others who feel the things I'm feeling. At any rate, it's a wonderful idea and I'm sure it will be therapeutic for everyone who participates.

Sincerely,
Hillary McCormack
hillary.mccormack@gmail.com