Wednesday, May 14, 2008

A little pick me up!

So Jon had sales training today at his corporate office. When he got home from work he gave me a package that the Pres. of the company and his wife had made for me. I was so surprised to see a basket full of things to help me get through the next week. I had a really hard day today so it was perfect timing. I really needed a little pick me up. I had just told Jon I wanted him to ship me away for the next three weeks and then I could come home when it was all over with. Not really but I would much rather be sitting on a beach some where. Any way it was just what I needed. Bret and Cristy if you read this I just want you to know how much it meant to me that you would think of something so sweet to help me through this time. The basket was full of things like bubble bath,(I love the transformer bubble bath for Jon), movies, band aids and blind fold for my shots, chocolate, and my favorite the box of nuts.....cause I feel a little nuts right now! They all had a funny note to go with them. It really was so sweet and made me smile!

I am not sure why I am having such a hard time I just feel like CRAP! I am sooooooo.... tired which is a side effect of the Lu pron and I am always slightly nauseous. I really do feel good about everything. I think it is the drugs or at least I am going to blame them. It is also hard being so consumed with all of this and having two kids who depend so much on me. I am so grateful for all the help my sisters have given me. And Jon he is the best husband. He has been so busy at work and then he has to come home and deal with me. Thanks everyone for all your help and mom thanks for listening to me vent. What would I do without all of you!
I had a Dr. apt last Thurs. and everything looked great. I started all the other drugs on Sat. and went in again yesterday for a blood draw. They lowered some of my meds but said it all looked good. Now I go in again tomorrow for a blood draw and ultrasound and again on Sat. and probably Mon. before the egg retrieval. Some time around Wed. is when they will do the egg retrieval but it all depends on when your body is ready. The clinic is out on 106 south so it is quite the trip. But thanks to my sisters it makes it a lot easier. It has not been easy but we have made it this far. We are doing our part so now all we can do is put our trust in the Lord. I know he will bless us. Today is just a reminder to me that through hard times the Lord gives us tender mercies.... whether its a feeling of peace or a basket full of silly stuff to make you smile. He knows each one of us and our needs. I know that if we have faith and trust him he will bless us. Sorry to get all gooey again..... IT'S THE DRUGS! But thanks again Bret and Cristy! And I will keep you all posted throughout the next week.








5 comments:

Our Family said...

Kim-
I have been wondering how you have been doing! Don't you just feel like a pin cushion right now? This really sucks! What things we go through for our kids. I may see you tomorrow at the docs - our thoughts are with you guys!
-Lynette

Amy and Kody said...

I am sorry you are not feeling well. If you need any help through this IVF don't hesitate to ask. Thank you again for watching Boston. You are such a sweetheart.

Anonymous said...

Kim, You are so awsome, and yes you do have a great husband. We love you.

Jana Banana said...

If you ever need help with your boys during the day for doctor appts. or just a break- please call me :) Hope you have a better day today- we are thinking of you.
We love you so much!

Josh and Emily said...

That is so cute! I can't believe how thoughtful your husbands boss and his wife are (no seriously that was so thoughtful). I wish I'd thought of it! Kim you are so amazing, I am sorry that you are going through this rough time, I know it will be okay but it is hard going through it. Just know you are and have always been one of my heros! I feel helpless, I wish there was something that we could do for you.