Saturday, July 25, 2009

LOVE THIS GIRL!!!

We had Amanda over today for a visit with Lia. We had agreed to have her over at one month and we were very excited to see her again. All she asked was to see her at a month and one year, we were more than happy to give that to her. She looked amazing and it was a sweet thing to have her in our home. She stayed for about three hours and it went by so fast. We talked about everything and really had such a sweet spiritual experience with her. We could tell seeing Lia again brought her a lot of peace. Placement day was such a hard day with so many emotions, it was nice to have a more laid back happy day to remember. I just think the world of this girl and can not say enough good things about her. She is starting school in the fall and is enjoying spending time with her kids. Her life has been so hard and I feel so bad for all she has had to go through but we know that the Lord will bless her and her sweet family. She had us listen to these songs today. We both just cried. Anyone who has followed our story or gone through this experience with us knows how hard it has been, BUT also knows the amazing blessings that have come from it. This first song makes me think of each of our birth mothers and what they have done for us and it makes my heart swell with gratitude. They mean so much to us and we are grateful every day the Lord led them to us. I can not express with words how blessed I feel to have these sweet kids call me mom. The journey of Adoption has been the most amazing journey I could have ever asked for and I am so glad Heavenly Father trusted us enough to put us on this path. It is the most humbling experience to sit next to a sweet Birth Mother as she holds your baby and expresses gratitude for you. Amanda is just as grateful for us as we are for her which has made this experience so sweet. My heart is whole again and it feels so good! Every time I look at my sweet little Lia I feel so much peace, love and gratitude!!!!



No comments: