Wednesday, May 20, 2009

LIA'S DR. APT.

We got to see our sweet little Lia for the first time yesterday. It was so neat to see her and hear her heart beat, it made it feel even more real. The Birth Mother had to do a test for gestational diabetes and it and came back normal, which was great news. They are still concerned about her delivering early but she is now in the "safe zone" at 30 weeks. We were relieved to see first had that everything is okay and that she is doing good. They are hoping to get her to 37 weeks and then they will deliver the baby C-section. So at most we have 7 weeks until our little miracle is here. Is that just CRAZY!!! Two weeks ago there was not a spec of pink in our home and now that is all you see. I am trying to control myself cause I have two showers that my friends and family are giving me. It is so nice of them cause we have a LOT to buy. It is like starting all over again and it is so much fun. Jon and I feel so good about everything and have complete confidence the Birth Mom will place. She brought me a gift to the apt. yesterday. She gave me two little dresses and a pair of the cutest flip flops you have ever seen! She also gave us a sweet card expressing her gratitude for us and giving this baby girl a good home. She is heaven sent and we just love her. She is in a hard situation and has three children under 4. She knows that she can't give her baby the life she deserves and loves her enough to give her more. It is truely the most courageous, unselfish thing a person could do. She is on full bed rest until the baby is born which I'm sure is so hard with three small children. She is amazing and we just pray the Lord will watch over them. We will be going to her apt. with her in two weeks, so I will update you on her progress. In the main time keep her in your prayers!!!

5 comments:

Tukuafu's said...

YAYYYYY!!! Gosh, talk about a tear jerker! Lia is a perfect, wonderful little girl and will be such a blessing to you guys. of course she is meant to be YOURS! YOu are amazing. Amazing parents, friends and such examples of strength and humility. Thank you for sharing your journey with me! Love you!

Dan and Stacy said...

Sounds like a blast and I hope she can make it all the way to 37 weeks. I am so excited for you and Jon and your boys too. They will be amazing big brothers to Lia.

Jana Banana said...

How fun that you got to see her :) I am glad she has already made it to 30 weeks....and the last 7 will fly by I am sure!! I can't wait!!
love ya!!

Abby said...

Oh my gosh, Kim! I'm absolutely thrilled for you guys! I try to keep up on all my friends' blogs, but I hadn't seen your last couple of posts til today. What a testimony builder you guys are! I just can't say how excited I am for you! You guys deserve this beautiful Miracle after everything you've endured!

Brooke said...

Wow, that brought tears to my eyes. I'm so glad everything is going well. :)