Tuesday, September 9, 2008

OUR ADOPTION PROFILE

Well I have been working hard to get our adoption stuff done. We are close to being approved which means we will be in the waiting process. We are really excited about adopting again but also know it is not going to be easy. It is not very common for a Birth Mother to place with a family with two or more children. But we are being optimistic and hoping for the best. It is a long hard process but worth it. It took me hours to do our collage....I am a little OCD when it comes to this kind of thing. It looks simple but I tried lots of different lay outs until I found one I loved. So here is the finally draft. I wanted it to be clean and crisp not too much cute stuff. I think it looks a little better cause you can focus on the pictures more. I wanted lots of up close pictures showing us doing the things we love to do. What do you think.....I need feed back?



This is the family picture we decided on. This will be our first impression so I hope it's a good one. I like that it is up close and you can see our faces good. Thank goodness the boys were smiling. I think they look so cute. I have to tell my mother-in-law thanks for taking our pictures. She did such a great job. With a little bit of editing they turned out awesome. We still have a few more things to finish like our Letter, home study and interviews. But we are on our way and have most of the difficult stuff behind us. Adoption is just an amazing process and I find myself feeling so good about this option. I was so sure we would not adopt again, at least not right now. But I can't help but feel there is a reason for all of this. Who knows the Lord works in mysterious ways!!!!!!

22 comments:

Morris Family said...

I love it. Your family is so cute. I hope that everything goes well with the all of the stuff that you have to do. I love that you are open about your adoption.
love ali

Sherydon said...

Kim good luck!! How exciting! Your collages turned out way cute!!

Shannon said...

Kim I think it is great. It shows how cute you are, how happy you are as a family, and how fun you are. A birth mother would be crazy to not want to have her baby in your family. Just think right now she's out there and things just need to happen in her life to lead her to you. I trully believe that's what happens. Good luck! I know it takes a lot out of a person.

Tukuafu's said...

Kim!! The collage is amazing!! You are such a talented young lady!! Good luck with the rest of the process, just remember to have faith in the Lord's timepiece!! We'll keep praying for your cute family!!

Keri said...

Fab-U-lous! The collage is incredible! I think any birth mom taking a look will simply fall in love with you guys! Good luck... we'll keep our eyes open dow here in Texas for you!

Addie said...

absolutely wonderful!!! i am so excited for you! you really have done a lot of work - trust me, I know. and I am so proud of you and love the end result. WAY CUTE!! I love all of the photos!! Your new family photo shoot turned out absolutely beautiful!! YEAH!!! I must say CONGRATULATIONS!!! (it is that big)

Talk to you soon! Love - addie

The Wattersons said...

Kim,
I'm so excited you found me. Your family is so cute. Are you trying for a girl next? You haven't changed,your so darling. Keep in touch.
Davi

laurie coleman photography said...

Love them! They all look so cute! You guys have such a great little family and I know that it would be a blessing to any little baby to become a part of it!

Brooke said...

Kim, I seriously had tears come to my eyes when I looked at those pictures! You are in my prayers. I love you to death!

Amy and Kody said...

Kim the collage looks so great!!! Way cute family pics! You have the cutest family, and you guys always so clean and put together. I need you to come dress my family cute like yours. Good Luck!!!

Bellblogging said...

Awesome! Perfect picture! Who wouldn't want to place with the cutest family ever! I think it would be a huge bonus to have such fun brothers! Good luck, we will keep you in our prayers!

Dan and Stacy said...

Hey, good job on the collage and the family picture. By the time we always got to this point I wanted to pull my hair out. You really have a way with this kind of stuff. You are amazing. Good luck with the rest of the process and I hope your waiting time is short. We will pray that the perfect birth mother finds your perfect family.

TIDWELLS said...

so cute sis I love it. You guys are such a cute family... I love all the pictures. You are so amazing sister I love you and all the faith and strength that you have....

Anonymous said...

Kim I love the pictures. We miss you guys so much. Don't you need a vacation to Arizona? We would love that. Hope all is well. Someone out there is waiting to come to your awesome family. I cant wait I'm so excited for you guys. Love ya tonz!

Cristy said...

I love your new pictures and the collage is Perfect! You can see what a loving wonderful family you guys are! Good Luck you are in our prayers. We love you guys.

Anonymous said...

I think that looks great!! Good luck, I don't know why someone wouldn't want your cute family to be for their baby. We need to hook up so I can grab those watches from you!

Unknown said...

Hope you make it to the end of this list! Lots and lots of comments! But, Kim, you did it again. Great job! You've touched on a lot of interaction which would make anyone looking at this want to have their child part of your family.

Jennie said...

Kim! It's been so good to see you the past couple weeks! You are an amazing person! I will keep you in my prayers for a smooth process ... I'm serious though, ANY girl would be crazy not to want to have their baby in your family and with you and Jon as parents! You are great! The pictures are so cute too and they show how fun you have together and you can see how much love is in your home! Good luck! I'm going to add you to my blog too ;) love ya! Jennie

The Garn Family said...

Sorry for the late comment..but I think that your profile and collages are so cute. To me they portrayed your family so well....Cute, fun, loving...I could go on and on. You have been in my prayers and will continue to be. Call me soon!

Our Lifes Treasures said...

Kim thats sooo cute!!! I'm so excited for you guys. I have faith that everything will work out the way you hope. Thanks for my new hair cut I really do love it.

gabeandstef said...

Kim cute pictures! You guys are such a fun family and I know you will have a new baby in no time. (p.s. you might have to come help me with my profile)

lisa g said...

Good luck with the process. Your pictures are adorable your family is so cute. It makes you want to jump right in and join in the fun.