Friday, August 15, 2008

10 YEARS AGO TODAY!

So it was ten years ago today that me and my sweet hubby were set up on a blind by my BFF Jayme. She was truly inspired to set us up! Jon took me to a Buzz game for our first date and then back to his house to watch the Wedding Singer. (what a great movie!) He didn't waist any time and held my hand that night. He left the next day to Flaming Gorge. I thought about him every second he was gone and wondered if he would call me when he got home. Me and Jayme decided to go and find his house. We had to stop at the taco time there in Centerville to look up his address. That was fun wasn't it Jayme. We were so silly back then. Jon came home from his trip and we saw each other every day from then on. We dated for about a month and decided it was true love and that we should get married. What a fun time that was.

Now here we are and I am more in love than ever. For those of you who know Jon you know what an amazing person he is. He has made me who I am and has always been my best friend.

I love you so much Sweetie and I am so grateful Jayme was inspired to set us up. We were meant to find each other and spend Eternity together. Thanks for being the wonderful husband and father you are. And for always being right beside me through our Joys and sorrows. My love goes deeper than I could ever express with words!

I LOVE YOU!!!

18 comments:

Amy and Kody said...

So Sweet!! You guy's make the cutest couple ever!!

Jana Banana said...

I can't believe it has been 10 years! I remember that flaming gorge trip, and hearing about what an awesome date he had had with you :) I am sooo grateful for Jayme too- I can't imagine life without you?!?!

We love you guys- now it is time for bed as I have to get up early!!

laurie coleman photography said...

you guys are so cute! Isn't it funny I just took pictures of some people named Jon & Kim? I'm so dumb. The coincidence didn't even cross my mind until you mentioned it. Anyway, you guys are so great! We love having you as friends.

Keri said...

What a good looking duo... I mean really, you'd think after ten years we could at least see some wrinkles or weight gain. You look great!

The Garn Family said...

I can't believe it's been 10 years either! So many memories of that time....
I remember thinking after talking to you after that first date that "this is it" and it certainly was. You and Jon were meant for each other and make such a good team. I love you both! Here's to another 10 years!

Our Lifes Treasures said...

Thats sooo cute!!! You guy's make a great pair.

Tukuafu's said...

HI KIM!! Can I just start by saying, I miss you?? I saw your link on Nic's page, hope you don't mind me peeking in! Happy Anniversary! Your boys are so handsome and what a cute blog you have! Loves! Jenn

TIDWELLS said...

Happy Anniversary... Love ya both hope you had a good time in bear lake..

Summerhunt said...

Time flys! You know what is so funny probably not to you but I laugh every time i think about it. Remember when Kassi and I sang at your wedding and messed up! Why did you have us sing? We Suck!

Josh and Emily said...

You two are one of my favorite couples. You are so cute with each other. I know you were meant to be together. You both lucked out :) I would like to get together with you sometime soon. If the hubbies can't make it...oh well. Let's get the kids together. I will get your number from Josh (our address book is buried in the storage shed) and we will plan something! My email is emily.7n@gmail.com. Do you have an email address?

Bellblogging said...

You guys are so cute! 10 years WOW! I remember Jon when he worked at A.F., you caught a great one!

Dan and Stacy said...

WOW!!! Such a cute couple!!!!

Dan

Janel said...

sweet, i think that's about when i met ya! you two are adorable :)

THe Hepworth's said...

Hey!! I'm hoping you don't worry that I'm stalking you!! I saw your link on Ali's and was curious how you and your cute family were doing!! Congrats on 10 years you and Jon are so cute!! Your boys are so big!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!! I'm a little late on that, but that's what I get for not blogging around lately! You two don't look much different! Which is good right? You still both look so young!!

Unknown said...

10 years! That means the 10 year anniversary will be coming up soon! WOW! The years keeping going by - right after your ten, Merrill and I will be having our 40th! AMAZING! As your 10 have been great - so have our 40! We're both pretty lucky aren't we?

Keri said...

Hey Kim,

No, I didn't cry, but I had the worst anxiety. Today I actually started thinking about all of the things I could potentially do while Ayden is at school all day! I started by exercising and cleaning. This would be the perfect time for a baby ;o(. Oh well.

The Garn Family said...

Kim, thanks for your cute comment on my blog. Time really has flown and I definetely will need to have another one before she starts kindergarten.
I would love a girls night to, we should plan one for next weekend or really soon.
PS. I think your boys are the cutest ever... I keep telling Londyn "look how cute Cade and Jake are Londyn" who knows maybe one day....