Sunday, May 4, 2008

DISNEY LAND

Well we had a fabulous trip to California with our little family. It really is the happiest place on earth! I haven't been for about 12 years and Jon for about 15 so it was fun to see all the new stuff. The first night we walked around a little dazed and confused. It is overwhelming when you don't know where to go. As a parent all you want for your kids is to have the best time possible. Jon and I wanted this trip to be all about the kids and it was. We were exhausted by the time we had to go home. It was go go go all day long. Besides a few fits and one major melt down it was our funnest family Vacation ever. We didn't just wear ourselves out the kids were exhausted as well. Every night they were out like logs in a couple of minutes.

We couldn't have asked for better weather. It was around 70 the majority of the trip which was perfect. We had so much fun and it was so nice to get away and spend some time as a family. We can't wait to go back some day...it really was magical!!!!!!!



Now for a little update on our IVF


Other than when I had to do the shots I didn't think about our IVF at all which was a good break. I have officially put Jon in charge of my shots it is too much for me to have to get the guts up to actually stick my self with that needle every night. It was hard to put my trust in him I didn't know if he could do it without really hurting me. But it has been the best thing and he is doing a great job!. Thanks Hun for taking care of me. I stoped the BC and now I wait for a period. (sorry if this is too much info) I have an appointment on Thursday to see how my ovaries are doing and where my hormone levels are. They will also teach me how to mix all my meds and I will start on the FSH and HCG (which are hormones for those of you who don't know). So sorry to all those who have to deal with me I might be a little CRAZY! I can't believe it is really here. I am so scared and so excited at the same time. Say a little prayer for Jon!

11 comments:

Amy and Kody said...

It looks like you guy's had an awesome time. You have the cutest family!!!!!
Good luck with IVF let me know if I can help you out at all.

Unknown said...

I hoped you might have an update on your trip!!! And you did!!! We missed you while you were gone but excited that you got to go -- and that it all turned out great!!
Also, We've been in St George for a few days (had a great time!) and I was talking with Lisa (Layton) Christensen. She said that Carla (I think Erickson(?) - anyway her friend from high school just went through IVF and now has a beautiful little baby (I think she had a girl!) YOUR TURN'S COMING!!!

Anonymous said...

Your trip looked like so much fun! I wish we could have been there with you guys I love Disney Land. I agree with you you need a vacation from the vacation when you go there but it is all worth it.

Good luck with all your meds the next couple of weeks we will be praying for you guys. Love ya

Josh and Emily said...

Your pictures of Disneyland are so fun. It looks like you had so much fun! You deserve it! It made me want to go...I bet Cade and Jake will be talking about it forever. We want to get together soon.

Unknown said...

I love Disneyland it is so clean. It looks like you guys had a great time.

Anonymous said...

How fun! I better not show Peyton, he will be jealous...he asks almost every day to go see Mickey at Disneyland! You have such a cute family, I still can't get over how much cade and jake look like you two!! That is so neat!

Vanessa said...

It was so good to hear from you. We didn't get to say goodbye to very many people it was too hard. But I am excited that so many of you have blogs so we can keep in touch. We will be up in a couple of weeks and plan to come by and say hi to everyone so hopefully we will get to see you. That picture was of my sister that did IVF, he is a true miracle. I was excited to hear about your news of starting IVF. Our prayers are with you and good luck with everything.

Shannon said...

Yeah how fun! i'm so glad you had a great time. we should for go to the park for sure. give us a call!

Sadie Love said...

Kim your boys are so cute. I love Disneyland I am 21 years old and I get so excited when I go there! I know I am like a little kid. I need to come visit soon. Love you tons

TIDWELLS said...

Hey sis thanks for taking my kids tonight I hope they are good for you. Your pictures of disney land look so fun I am jealous. Love ya tons. Mikelle if you are reading this I love you tons as well my littlest sis....

Keri said...

Kim Layton! Wow guys, it's been forever! You guys are so cute - as always! Cade and Jake are adorable! I'm so glad I found your blog! Hope you are all happy and well!