Friday, February 19, 2010

Lia's is part of our Eternal Family!

















Well I am not doing a very good job so far of keeping up on my blog but here is an update!!!

On the 16th of January we took our sweet little Lia to the Temple. Our day started out by going to Jon's cousin Laura's babies funeral. She lost her baby at 34 weeks and it was devastating. I can not tell you how much my heart ached for her and her sweet family when we heard the news. It was such a sweet funeral and I couldn't help but feel so grateful for the plan of salvation and that we can see our loved ones again. It gave me even more of an appreciation for being able to have Lia sealed to us. We left the funeral with heavy hearts but as we neared the Temple my heart was overflowing with JOY and EXCITEMENT for what was going to happen for our family. Temple workers were there waiting for us and they even let us take the kids to the cafeteria to get something to eat firs. As we walked trhoug the temple I kept telling the boys to look around and soak in everything they see. They were intrigued by all of it and were on their best behavior. After and quick lunch we dropped the kids off at the nursery and Jon and I went to do all of the paper work. After all of that was done we went to get ready. My mom was able to come with me to the brides room again and help me get ready. We chose the Bountiful Temple this time and it was BEAUTIFUL. It was so special to have my mom there with me one last time. Jon and I sat and waited in the celestial room and as we sat there Jon grabbed my hand and said "well Hun we made it"! It was overwhelming to think of all we had been through to get these sweet kids here and now we were in the temple having our last child sealed to us. It was an amazing feeling of accomplishment and gratitude. We both got tears in our eyes and we could not wait to see our kids all dressed in white. After a few minutes a worker came and got us and we went to the sealing room. It was so neat to walk in and see so many of our family and friends there to support us. Our sealer was amazing and told us how much he admired us for what we were about to do for Lia, and that with all the tragedy in Haiti right now he couldn't help think of how what was happening today was what Heavenly Father wanted for all of his children. Then it was time for the kiddos to come in. First walked in Jake and he had the cutest look on his face. Both him and Cade ran over to us and climbed up ON our laps. Then they brought in Lia and I could not hold it in any longer. The flood gates opened and I started to sob! I just held her and cried, it was all I could do. We chose my mom to hold Lia at the alter which was such a special thing for me. As we knelt at the altar and Lia was sealed to us my heart was full of so much joy!!! I think I even cried out load which is not cute but it was how I felt at that moment. Cade and Jake stood and watched as there baby sister became part of our Eternal family. Lia was so good throgh the whole thing and didn't make a sound. She just kept looking around at everyone. It really was the best moment of our lives! Life can be so hard but every now and then Heavenly Father gives us something really special to make it all worth it. This was it for us. Having Lia as our daughter is the greatest miracle we could have ever hoped for. After our IVF we had no idea what to do but we never gave up hope and because of that we were blessed. It was a day we will never forget and I am so grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who has made this all possible!!!!!

13 comments:

Traci Gunn said...

Kim I am so happy for you and your family. It sounds like you have overcome so many obstacales. Everytime I read your blog it brings tears to my eyes.

Unknown said...

The pictures all turned out so good! Loved reading your comments!

Tukuafu's said...

YAY!! Congratulations- what a special day- I am so happy for you guys! What a sweet family and what a special mom you are! Loves!!

Josh and Emily said...

Kim, I am so happy for you and Jon. We love you both so much. I am glad this was such a special day for you and your sweet family. We would love to see you soon!

Unknown said...

Sis that was such a special day. I cried just reading about it. Lia is such a sweet little girl and she was so meant for your family. She will keep your boys in line. I love you all so much and am so happy that you have been blessed with such sweet spirits. Its amazing some times to think that Heavenly Father trusts us to raise them. Lia was so happy that day, it was like she new exactley what was going on. I love you sis.

Love Family said...

That is so neat. I am sad we missed it! What an amazing opportunity! Love the pics!

Janel said...

beautiful Kim! love the pictures.

Bellblogging said...

I haven't talked to you in FOREVER! I was so excited to see the sealing! That is amazing and I couldn't be more happy for you guys! Wish you the BEST! She is BEAUTIFUL!!

The Hatch Batch said...

Kim, WOW! What a beautiful family you have! All of your children are so blessed to belong to you and Jon. What a neat experience you have had getting you three little angels:)

I love the picture of you and Jon kissing little Lia and then the one with her great BIG smile that follows....precious!!!

lindsi said...

What a neat day for your family....so special and an experience you will never forget. The pictures turned out AMAZING....so so cute and something you will always cherish forever!

lisa g said...

Your daughter is so beautiful. What a wonderful day. We have moved just to East Layton, we are loving our new home. I run into Addie every once in a while and ask about you. Your family looks so happy. If you ever start cutting hair again let me know I loved visiting with you and I've never found anyone like you.

Debi said...

congratulations! I'm so happy for you! You have such a precious family!

Colett's Corner said...

What beautiful and priceless pictures. I can't even imagine how wonderful that day was for you. You have a darling family.