Saturday, July 4, 2009

A LITTLE UPDATE

Just wanted to give a little update on how things are going. I talked to Amanda again today and she is doing amazingly well. We laughed at how this has been the longest week of our lives and the shortest of hers. I LOVE how open and honest we are with each other. She has been so good to us and has reassured us several times this week that she is strong in her decision. She said again today "I hope your still feeling okay because I am"! I mean really how on earth does she have the strength to reassure me when I know it has been so hard for her. Words can not describe the love I feel for Amanda. She has made some bad choices but underneath all that is the most amazing, beautiful, strong, faithful, courageous person I have ever known. I have seen first hand how hard this is for her and yet she is handling it with so much faith and courage. Jon and I know with out a doubt the Lord will bless her for her sacrifice. I want little Lia to always know how much Amanda loved her. I am so grateful for this little miracle that will be in my arms in just a few short days. I feel such a bond and connection with her. I LOVE my boys and just like there is something special between me and the boys there is something amazing between me and her. My only wish is that I could give her a sister but I am not even going to got there!!!! I am so excited to have a little shopping partner. Our family is complete and my heart is so full. Any way I will post pictures on Monday when we get home. Please pray for Amanda, these last few days will be the hardest!!!!

4 comments:

Cristy said...

Hey guys! Hope all is well we have been thinking a lot about your family and all the emotions that everyone must be going through. We have put your name and the birth mother's name in the temple and have kept you all in our prayers. I know you all have more people than you even realize praying and wishing all the best for each one of you. Good luck tomorrow, we will be thinking of you all.
Love, Bret and Cristy

P.S. If there is anything we can do for you or the boys please let us know we would do it in a second we know you have tons of great family but the offer is there.

We would love to get together with you guys and jeppy's too. Let us know

Jon & Kim said...

Thanks Cristy!!! You and Bret have always been so good to us. We would love to get together too. Brooke said they were going to be here this month. Lets work something out! Thanks for your prayers and for putting our names in the temple. I have felt so much peace this week and I know it is because so many people are thinking of us. I know so many people have been praying for Amanda as well. She is amazing and we know the love and prayers are what have allowed her to feel so much peace. Love you both!

Tukuafu's said...

Ok Kim! Good luck today! I sure love you guys and am so impressed with your faith! I am praying for that cute Amanda too.. what a sacrifice she is making! she will truly be blessed for that sweet little Lia and letting her complete your cute family! love YOU!

Steph said...

good luck today Kim! I can't even imagine how hard this has been for you! soon you will have that cute little girl at home with you to love and cuddle!